The English Mutual Foundation
Sometimes it is better to give.
The English Mutual Foundation was set up early 2007* with an aim to support those who, through no fault of their own, find themselves in difficulty and in need of financial assistance, with special focus on improving access to healthcare, education and life enhancing opportunities. It is a charity which has continued to grow from strength to strength and is now an important part of the English Mutual organisation.
Money is raised for the Foundation in a number of ways. Staff have run marathons across the world, organised auctions and, on a group level hosted many corporate functions. The English Mutual Lecture is now a key date in the Foundation’s calendar, with over 800 people attending annually to hear our invited speaker in the Worcester Cathedral. The Foundation is also supported by English Mutual clients, business partners and friends of the business through donations.
Thousands of pounds have been raised over the years and, under the guidance of the charities trustees, donated to some very worthy causes. Most recently we have been able to support:
- Megan Baker House, Leominster
- Kisilizi Hospital Uganda Fund
- Bala Orphanage, Kenya
- Dudley Hope Charity
- Chance to Shine – Educating through Cricket
- The West Midlands Disabled Swimmimg Team
- Running for Rosie
- St Peters Collegiate Church Choir
- The World Medical Organisation
- Victims of the Gloucestershire floods
- The Wooden Spoon
- Chailey Heritage School
We welcome applications for support from charities, projects and individuals, within the following guidelines:
- The Foundation only supports charities who do not receive government/centralised funding.
- The Foundation gives preference to supporting a cause where the donation will be able to make a tangible and recognised uplift to the charity/project/individual.
- The Foundation does not support causes which have a religious bias.
- Applications are to be made in writing, no more than one side of A4 detailing the aims and objectives of your charity and how a donation from The Foundation will make a difference.
- The Foundation will in general offer donations in increments of £250, £500 or £1,000. In certain circumstances consideration will be given to applications for larger grants.
- The Trustees meet on a quarterly basis at which point applications received will be reviewed and considered.
- Due to the high level of requests received, unfortunately the foundation cannot promise to respond but will always endeavour to try to do so.
Registered charity number 1120527
*The English Mutual Foundation was previously known as the Wealth of Happiness Foundation.